Tuesday 14 July 2009

No 71 Bus

I along with many others that rely on this rural bus service would also like to voice my dissatisfaction with the condition of the bus.   Its not much better than the old boneshakers that I used to travel on which were in operation 30 years ago when Connor & Graham ran the service, as you can see from the latest book that was published recently, which can be viewed here on the what's new page.

I've heard all the arguments that they trot out about it not being economically viable, but is it our fault that everybody now uses the car.   I'm not a car driver and this is my only means of transport, apart from my old bicycle which seems to get slower the older I get, it must be getting past it, besides that when I had my heart attack a few years ago I needed the bus service more than ever.

If the green lobby want more car drivers to abandon their cars they should protest and lobby this company, or they will never convince them to use public transport.   But in the meantime it would be helpful if the Gazette would run an article on this shoddy treatment of Eastend villagers and publicly shame this large bus company on our behalf.

I for one will keep mentioning this subject on the website until we can get a satisfactory outcome, and if those at East Yorkshire Motor Services do indeed meet our humble exhortations, I will congratulate them here for listening to our pleas for an upto date modern 21st century bus service.

Will resume normal waffle about technology in the next post.

No comments: